Frequently Asked Questions

How much does it cost to study in the UK? 

The answer to this question depends on where and what you would like to study. However, we can provide some basic information that applies to all courses in the UK. Undergraduate tuition fees start from £9,250 per year. On top of this fee, you will also need to cover your living costs. This is referred to as the maintenance fee and is calculated on a monthly basis for the nine months of the academic year. This fee varies depending on whether you decide to study at a London based university or in another part of the country. If you are interested in finding out more about the financial requirements of studying in the UK, please don’t hesitate to contact us with your query. 

What qualifications do I need to study abroad?

Similarly to the question above, the answer depends on where and what you would like to study. In general, you will need to provide your most recent qualifications and their certified translations. This means your baccalaureate grades if you want to study for a bachelor’s degree, or your diploma if you are looking for a master’s course. 

What can I study in the UK?

There is a wide range of courses offered in the UK. There are over 40,000 undergraduate courses to choose from alone! We’ve partnered with over 150 higher education providers so we can find the perfect course for you. From artificial intelligence to architecture, we’ve got you covered. Contact us today to book a free counselling session.  

Can I work and study at the same time?

YES! That’s the simple answer. The maximum number of hours you are allowed to work will vary depending on your visa. Most students are entitled to work for up to 20 hours a week. This means you can find part-time employment to support you whilst studying. 


Here at LIL, we are able to offer partial scholarships from between £1000-£3000. We would be happy to signpost to appropriate external scholarships in a free counselling meeting. 

Where can I stay?

Choosing the right place to live is vital to get the most out of your study abroad experience. There are two main types of accommodation available, University and Private.

University accommodation can be halls of residence (‘halls’), similar to blocks of flats, or a range of smaller houses.

Private accommodation can either be privately-run halls of residence or a room in a normal flat or house run by a landlord. You’ll pay rent in term or monthly instalments. Check whether bills are included or separate before you sign the contract. You could be sharing with students from other universities too.

We can assist you to find the right accommodation for your budget and desires.